Weber State's Damian Lillard drafted 6th by the Trail Blazers
Weber State's Damian Lillard was chosen No. 6 by the Portland Trailblazers in Thursday night's NBA Draft.
Lillard is the first Weber State player to be drafted in the first round and joins such local standouts such as Andrew Bogut, Keith Van Horn, Shawn Bradley and Jimmer Fredette, who were taken as lottery picks in recent years.
As expected Kentucky's Anthony Davis was the first player chosen by the New Orleans Hornets. Davis' teammate, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was taken second by Charlotte, followed by Bradley Beal of Florida by Washington. Dion Waiters of Syracuse was taken fourth by Cleveland and Thomas Robinson of Kansas was selected by Sacramento at No. 5.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24