Weber State's Damian Lillard drafted 6th by the Trail Blazers
Weber State's Damian Lillard was chosen No. 6 by the Portland Trailblazers in Thursday night's NBA Draft.
Lillard is the first Weber State player to be drafted in the first round and joins such local standouts such as Andrew Bogut, Keith Van Horn, Shawn Bradley and Jimmer Fredette, who were taken as lottery picks in recent years.
As expected Kentucky's Anthony Davis was the first player chosen by the New Orleans Hornets. Davis' teammate, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was taken second by Charlotte, followed by Bradley Beal of Florida by Washington. Dion Waiters of Syracuse was taken fourth by Cleveland and Thomas Robinson of Kansas was selected by Sacramento at No. 5.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25