Weber State's Damian Lillard drafted 6th by the Trail Blazers
Weber State's Damian Lillard was chosen No. 6 by the Portland Trailblazers in Thursday night's NBA Draft.
Lillard is the first Weber State player to be drafted in the first round and joins such local standouts such as Andrew Bogut, Keith Van Horn, Shawn Bradley and Jimmer Fredette, who were taken as lottery picks in recent years.
As expected Kentucky's Anthony Davis was the first player chosen by the New Orleans Hornets. Davis' teammate, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was taken second by Charlotte, followed by Bradley Beal of Florida by Washington. Dion Waiters of Syracuse was taken fourth by Cleveland and Thomas Robinson of Kansas was selected by Sacramento at No. 5.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 35
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25