SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Kole Calhoun capped off a five-run second inning with a three-run home run to lead the Salt Lake Bees to a 7-2 win over the Sacramento River Cats on Wednesday.
Luis Jimenez, Efren Navarro and Cory Aldridge put together three straight singles in the second to give the Bees a 1-0 lead.
Paul McAnulty beat out a grounder to second for an infield single to bring home Navarro. Ed Lucas followed with a single to center before Calhoun launched a 2-2 pitch for his team leading ninth home run, which gave the Bees a 5-0 lead.
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. — Jarrod Parks slugged a three-run home run in the third inning to put the Owlz up 5-0 as Orem held on for a 7-6 win on Wednesday night.
Nataniel Rodriguez (1-0) fanned four batters in 21?3 innings.
Orem racked up 14 hits, while the Rockies had 10.
CHUKARS 4, RAPTORS 2: At Ogden, the Raptors managed just three hits and lost a 2-1 lead as Idaho Falls posted two runs in the sixth inning.
Ogden's Daniel Columbe struck out five batters in the final three innings.
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 67
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 42
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 17
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14