SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Kole Calhoun capped off a five-run second inning with a three-run home run to lead the Salt Lake Bees to a 7-2 win over the Sacramento River Cats on Wednesday.
Luis Jimenez, Efren Navarro and Cory Aldridge put together three straight singles in the second to give the Bees a 1-0 lead.
Paul McAnulty beat out a grounder to second for an infield single to bring home Navarro. Ed Lucas followed with a single to center before Calhoun launched a 2-2 pitch for his team leading ninth home run, which gave the Bees a 5-0 lead.
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. — Jarrod Parks slugged a three-run home run in the third inning to put the Owlz up 5-0 as Orem held on for a 7-6 win on Wednesday night.
Nataniel Rodriguez (1-0) fanned four batters in 21?3 innings.
Orem racked up 14 hits, while the Rockies had 10.
CHUKARS 4, RAPTORS 2: At Ogden, the Raptors managed just three hits and lost a 2-1 lead as Idaho Falls posted two runs in the sixth inning.
Ogden's Daniel Columbe struck out five batters in the final three innings.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25