Now that our Utah Primary Election for this year is all over, let us think seriously about future elections. We need to dump the caucus/convention system of voting and replace it with a simple open voting election system where citizens can vote, directly, for the candidates of their choice.
This voting for someone else to vote for you (and perhaps not vote for you) is archaic, frustrating and expensive. It is a relic from the past that needs to be discarded. With all the electronic media, early voting and voting by mail, it is not necessary to vote for someone else to vote for you. Let's get with it and modernize our Utah Voting system to reflect our current times.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35