Now that our Utah Primary Election for this year is all over, let us think seriously about future elections. We need to dump the caucus/convention system of voting and replace it with a simple open voting election system where citizens can vote, directly, for the candidates of their choice.
This voting for someone else to vote for you (and perhaps not vote for you) is archaic, frustrating and expensive. It is a relic from the past that needs to be discarded. With all the electronic media, early voting and voting by mail, it is not necessary to vote for someone else to vote for you. Let's get with it and modernize our Utah Voting system to reflect our current times.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: The dangers of unilateral debt...
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19