Now that our Utah Primary Election for this year is all over, let us think seriously about future elections. We need to dump the caucus/convention system of voting and replace it with a simple open voting election system where citizens can vote, directly, for the candidates of their choice.
This voting for someone else to vote for you (and perhaps not vote for you) is archaic, frustrating and expensive. It is a relic from the past that needs to be discarded. With all the electronic media, early voting and voting by mail, it is not necessary to vote for someone else to vote for you. Let's get with it and modernize our Utah Voting system to reflect our current times.
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 39
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16