Now that our Utah Primary Election for this year is all over, let us think seriously about future elections. We need to dump the caucus/convention system of voting and replace it with a simple open voting election system where citizens can vote, directly, for the candidates of their choice.
This voting for someone else to vote for you (and perhaps not vote for you) is archaic, frustrating and expensive. It is a relic from the past that needs to be discarded. With all the electronic media, early voting and voting by mail, it is not necessary to vote for someone else to vote for you. Let's get with it and modernize our Utah Voting system to reflect our current times.
- 10 movies that offended foreign governments
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court delivers...
- Robert Bennett: Shurtleff and Swallow are...
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize...
- About Utah: Q&A with former Kearns,...
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should...
- My view: Amnesty towards border children is...
- Letter: Gun control
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 55
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 55
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 44
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 38