Now that our Utah Primary Election for this year is all over, let us think seriously about future elections. We need to dump the caucus/convention system of voting and replace it with a simple open voting election system where citizens can vote, directly, for the candidates of their choice.
This voting for someone else to vote for you (and perhaps not vote for you) is archaic, frustrating and expensive. It is a relic from the past that needs to be discarded. With all the electronic media, early voting and voting by mail, it is not necessary to vote for someone else to vote for you. Let's get with it and modernize our Utah Voting system to reflect our current times.
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: A social media enabled...
- John Hoffmire: Does aid work? Markets, big...
- Derek B. Miller: Utah's economic development...
- Letter: Nothing is 'free'
- Letter: Citizens have a duty
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 52
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 38
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22