Now that our Utah Primary Election for this year is all over, let us think seriously about future elections. We need to dump the caucus/convention system of voting and replace it with a simple open voting election system where citizens can vote, directly, for the candidates of their choice.
This voting for someone else to vote for you (and perhaps not vote for you) is archaic, frustrating and expensive. It is a relic from the past that needs to be discarded. With all the electronic media, early voting and voting by mail, it is not necessary to vote for someone else to vote for you. Let's get with it and modernize our Utah Voting system to reflect our current times.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 38
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 28
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 21
- Letter: No limits 20