RSL acquires DF Kwame Watson-Siriboe from Chicago Fire in exchange for 2014 MLS SuperDraft pick
SANDY — Real Salt Lake club officials announced Wednesday morning that the team has acquired DF Kwame Watson-Siriboe from the Chicago Fire in exchange for RSL's fourth-round natural selection in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft.
Watson-Siriboe, a Chino Hills, Calif., product, was selected 26th overall by the Fire out of the University of Connecticut in the second round of the 2010 MLS SuperDraft. He appeared in 10 matches (starting seven) as a rookie and played a total of 681 minutes.
Last season, Watson-Siriboe spent the 2011 campaign on a season-long loan to FC Tampa Bay (NASL), where he appeared in 10 matches.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26