Utah Utes football: Utes, Michigan agree to home-and-home series beginning in 2014
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah and Michigan have agreed to a home-and-home football series. The Utes and Wolverines will meet Sept. 20, 2014, at Michigan Stadium and Thursday, Sept. 3, 2015, at Rice-Eccles Stadium. The latter will be the season opener for both teams.
"Playing a home-and-home series with the University of Michigan — one of the country's most storied programs — is a great opportunity for us," Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said in making the announcement. "The game-day atmosphere in Ann Arbor is a special experience for players and fans alike. We also look forward to hosting Michigan in Salt Lake City, allowing the MUSS and all our fans the chance to give the Wolverines a taste of what game day at Rice-Eccles Stadium is all about."
Michigan will become just the second Big Ten team ever to play in Salt Lake City. The Utes defeated Indiana 40-13 up on the hill in 2002.
"A home-and-home series with Michigan is the kind of opportunity that comes with membership in the Pac-12 Conference," Utah athletics director Chris Hill said in a released statement. "I greatly appreciate coach Whittingham's willingness to add college football's winningest program to his already difficult 2014 schedule, which will also feature five Pac-12 road games."
Utah and Michigan have meet twice before, both in Ann Arbor. The Utes dropped a 10-7 decision in 2002 and prevailed 25-23 in 2008.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35