Utah has the second fastest state economy growth rate, second only to Texas, in the United States. Recently I have read a number of negative comments accusing some of our major state businesses, such as Kennecott Copper and EnergySolutions Inc, of ruining and/or endangering Utah's environment.
We need to support our businesses, making sure they meet all environmental regulations. Businesses should be encouraged to expend and grow, not curtailed or harassed by unwarranted state and county regulations that slow growth and development.
We need our state to grow jobs for our people.
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an assault on...
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system needs...
- Michael Gerson: Common Core standards are not...
- Letters: Dismantle IRS
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked by...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 28
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 21