Pat Sullivan, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Carlos Quentin hit an RBI double in the 10th inning to lift the San Diego Padres to an 8-7 win over the Houston Astros on Monday night.
Chase Headley walked with one out and stole second before Quentin drove him in with a drive to right-center against Brandon Lyon (0-2).
San Diego grabbed a 7-6 lead on Jesus Guzman's two-run homer in the eighth inning but Jason Castro tied it with a solo shot in the bottom half.
Dale Thayer (1-2) pitched a perfect ninth for the win and Huston Street finished for his 11th save.
Brian Bixler and Carlos Lee homered in the first inning for Houston, but San Diego responded with four runs in the second. Nick Hundley hit a two-run double and Chris Denorfia had a two-out RBI single against Wandy Rodriguez that made it 4-2.
Quentin, Guzman, Logan Forsythe and Hundley had two hits apiece for San Diego, which finished with 11 overall. Guzman also scored twice.
Forsythe hit an RBI single to put the Padres up 5-3 in the third as both starting pitchers struggled.
Ross Ohlendorf, who is from Austin, allowed eight hits and five runs in 3 2-3 innings for San Diego. He is winless in his home state in nine appearances, seven starts.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest rivalry...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 48
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39