Pat Sullivan, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Carlos Quentin hit an RBI double in the 10th inning to lift the San Diego Padres to an 8-7 win over the Houston Astros on Monday night.
Chase Headley walked with one out and stole second before Quentin drove him in with a drive to right-center against Brandon Lyon (0-2).
San Diego grabbed a 7-6 lead on Jesus Guzman's two-run homer in the eighth inning but Jason Castro tied it with a solo shot in the bottom half.
Dale Thayer (1-2) pitched a perfect ninth for the win and Huston Street finished for his 11th save.
Brian Bixler and Carlos Lee homered in the first inning for Houston, but San Diego responded with four runs in the second. Nick Hundley hit a two-run double and Chris Denorfia had a two-out RBI single against Wandy Rodriguez that made it 4-2.
Quentin, Guzman, Logan Forsythe and Hundley had two hits apiece for San Diego, which finished with 11 overall. Guzman also scored twice.
Forsythe hit an RBI single to put the Padres up 5-3 in the third as both starting pitchers struggled.
Ross Ohlendorf, who is from Austin, allowed eight hits and five runs in 3 2-3 innings for San Diego. He is winless in his home state in nine appearances, seven starts.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27