Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
UNDER THE SPELL
So maybe there really is such a thing as too much R&R.
Maxime Nadeau is a hypnotist-in-training who put some Canadian private school kids to sleep at an assembly but couldn't wake them. Nadeau had to summon his mentor, who re-hypnotized them to reverse the effects.
Students reported feeling spacey, sluggish or in a trance-like condition.
Or as they say in the hypno-business, "an Oklahoma City Thunder state of mind."
It's official, Bryce Harper is a pop phenomenon.
The LDS outfielder — who chided a reporter for asking if Harper planned to drink a celebratory beer — will soon be immortalized. UnderArmour says it plans to market T-shirts with variations of "That's a clown question, bro," imprinted on them.
Rock On suggests the following:
"It's still Utah-BYU, bro."
"Yes, the Jazz do need shooters, bro."
"Convict a player on steroid charges? Clown question, bro."
Tyrell Corbin, son of Jazz coach Ty Corbin, on Twitter: "I told my dad that I would dunk on him one day. His response was, 'Son, I have 6 fouls and I know how to use them.'"
If only Ty had passed that on to the Jazz in time for the playoffs.
VENGEANCE IS MINE
A man in South Dakota has been convicted of killing a former high school classmate who put an athletic supporter on his head in a locker room prank, 55 years ago.
In that light, Rock On figures he owes big payback to whoever put Atomic Balm in his shorts during ninth-grade gym class.
A pair of lungs was found on a Los Angeles sidewalk, last week.
Police haven't determined the origin, but ruled out the possibility it was an extra set Lance Armstrong kept around for the 14th stage of the Tour de France.
SLEEPLESS IN CHINA
A Chinese soccer fan died last week after going sleepless for 11 days while watching Euro 2012.
Who knew soccer could be the cause of insomnia and not the cure?
After consecutive home losses, last week, Real Salt Lake coach Jason Kreis spared no words in his post-game remarks.
Said Kreis: "It seems like every time everybody's saying we're in a great situation, we lose."
This could be the only time in history Lindsay Lohan and Real Salt Lake will be linked by anything, but there you have it.
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a mythical...
- High school track: Boys championship results...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- Considerable work, planning has gone... 71
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 67
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 62
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 61
- Utes football: No changes imminent for... 57
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A, 3A state... 49
- BYU football to receive 6-figure payout... 41