Containment: 0 percent
Structures: Historic Forest Service guard station threatened; campgrounds in the area are closed
Evacuations: Hiawatha, Wattis, Clear Creek and Scofield evacuated Wednesday; including a Boy Scout camp, all boat camps and state park campgrounds; state Route 31 is closed from Fairview to Huntington; Highway 96 from state Route 6 to state Route 284 and Millers Flat Road from Scad Valley to state Route 31 are also closed; the Red Cross set up a shelter at and LDS meetinghouse in Wellington, 930 E. Main Street
Started: 5:30 a.m. Tuesday
Cause: Dry Lightning
Wood Hollow Fire
Where: Sanpete County
Size: 45,313 acres
Containment: 25 percent, full containment expected by Saturday
Structures: At least 56 structures have burned, including some homes
Evacuations: Fairview and communities east of U.S. Highway 89 evacuations lifted; Birdseye and the Indian Ridge, Oaker Hills and Elk Ridge subdivisions west of U.S. Highway 89 remain evacuated; state Route 31 over Fairview Canyon remains closed
Fatalities: 1 person found dead Tuesday
Started: 4:30 p.m. Saturday
Cause: Might be due to copper wiring theft in the area that caused a transformer to short circuit
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 19
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14