Containment: 0 percent
Structures: Historic Forest Service guard station threatened; campgrounds in the area are closed
Evacuations: Hiawatha, Wattis, Clear Creek and Scofield evacuated Wednesday; including a Boy Scout camp, all boat camps and state park campgrounds; state Route 31 is closed from Fairview to Huntington; Highway 96 from state Route 6 to state Route 284 and Millers Flat Road from Scad Valley to state Route 31 are also closed; the Red Cross set up a shelter at and LDS meetinghouse in Wellington, 930 E. Main Street
Started: 5:30 a.m. Tuesday
Cause: Dry Lightning
Wood Hollow Fire
Where: Sanpete County
Size: 45,313 acres
Containment: 25 percent, full containment expected by Saturday
Structures: At least 56 structures have burned, including some homes
Evacuations: Fairview and communities east of U.S. Highway 89 evacuations lifted; Birdseye and the Indian Ridge, Oaker Hills and Elk Ridge subdivisions west of U.S. Highway 89 remain evacuated; state Route 31 over Fairview Canyon remains closed
Fatalities: 1 person found dead Tuesday
Started: 4:30 p.m. Saturday
Cause: Might be due to copper wiring theft in the area that caused a transformer to short circuit
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Federal website fixes allowing more Utahns to...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- Martin MacNeill hospitalized after suicide...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 103
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 25
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18