Containment: 0 percent
Structures: Historic Forest Service guard station threatened; campgrounds in the area are closed
Evacuations: Hiawatha, Wattis, Clear Creek and Scofield evacuated Wednesday; including a Boy Scout camp, all boat camps and state park campgrounds; state Route 31 is closed from Fairview to Huntington; Highway 96 from state Route 6 to state Route 284 and Millers Flat Road from Scad Valley to state Route 31 are also closed; the Red Cross set up a shelter at and LDS meetinghouse in Wellington, 930 E. Main Street
Started: 5:30 a.m. Tuesday
Cause: Dry Lightning
Wood Hollow Fire
Where: Sanpete County
Size: 45,313 acres
Containment: 25 percent, full containment expected by Saturday
Structures: At least 56 structures have burned, including some homes
Evacuations: Fairview and communities east of U.S. Highway 89 evacuations lifted; Birdseye and the Indian Ridge, Oaker Hills and Elk Ridge subdivisions west of U.S. Highway 89 remain evacuated; state Route 31 over Fairview Canyon remains closed
Fatalities: 1 person found dead Tuesday
Started: 4:30 p.m. Saturday
Cause: Might be due to copper wiring theft in the area that caused a transformer to short circuit
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 33
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 14