Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Church Camp Fire
Where: Argyle and Indian canyons, Duchesne County
Size: 5,400 acres
Containment: 10 percent
Structures: Approximately 18 unidentified structures have been destroyed
Evacuations: All residences/cabins on Argyle Canyon Road have been evacuated; U.S. Highway 191 over Indian Canyon remains open, but visibility is low due to heavy smoke and fire personnel frequently crossing.
Started: 6 p.m. Sunday
Cause: Under investigation, likely human caused
Clay Springs Fire
Where: Oak City, Millard County
Size: 45,000 acres
Containment: 15 percent
Structures: 1 cabin and 3 maintenance sheds in Oak City were destroyed and another 75 still threatened
Evacuations: Oak City and Fool Creek evacuation orders have been lifted; portions of U.S. Highway 125 remained closed
Injuries: 2 firefighters burned
Cause: Human caused, under investigation
New Harmony Fire
Where: New Harmony, Washington County
Size: 1,826 acres
Containment: 70 percent
Structures: 7 homes/camp trailers, 22 garages/sheds and numerous vehicles have been lost damaged and other homes and structures in New Harmony and Bumblebee remain threatened
Evacuations: New Harmony and Kanarraville evacuation orders lifted; Bumblebee Ridge subdivision and all areas north of New Harmony and south of Vandenberg Road, west of I-15, remain under mandatory evacuation orders; Center Street, west of I-15, is closed
Started: 1:50 p.m. Wednesday
Injuries: 1 firefighter burned, treated and released at a local hospital
Cause: Water pump malfunction
Pole Creek Fire
Where: Neola, Duchesne County
Size: 1,868 acres
Containment: 0 percent
Structures: None threatened
Evacuations: None in effect
Started: 3:35 p.m. Wednesday
Cause: Human caused, fireworks found in the area
Where: Huntington Canyon and Gentry Mountain, Sanpete County
Size: 20,300 acres
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Senate committee snuffs out e-cigarettes...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Honeyville man, 39, identified as avalanche...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 55
- National, local businesses file briefs... 53
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 19
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 18
- Judge: Biological father will share... 18