Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Church Camp Fire
Where: Argyle and Indian canyons, Duchesne County
Size: 5,400 acres
Containment: 10 percent
Structures: Approximately 18 unidentified structures have been destroyed
Evacuations: All residences/cabins on Argyle Canyon Road have been evacuated; U.S. Highway 191 over Indian Canyon remains open, but visibility is low due to heavy smoke and fire personnel frequently crossing.
Started: 6 p.m. Sunday
Cause: Under investigation, likely human caused
Clay Springs Fire
Where: Oak City, Millard County
Size: 45,000 acres
Containment: 15 percent
Structures: 1 cabin and 3 maintenance sheds in Oak City were destroyed and another 75 still threatened
Evacuations: Oak City and Fool Creek evacuation orders have been lifted; portions of U.S. Highway 125 remained closed
Injuries: 2 firefighters burned
Cause: Human caused, under investigation
New Harmony Fire
Where: New Harmony, Washington County
Size: 1,826 acres
Containment: 70 percent
Structures: 7 homes/camp trailers, 22 garages/sheds and numerous vehicles have been lost damaged and other homes and structures in New Harmony and Bumblebee remain threatened
Evacuations: New Harmony and Kanarraville evacuation orders lifted; Bumblebee Ridge subdivision and all areas north of New Harmony and south of Vandenberg Road, west of I-15, remain under mandatory evacuation orders; Center Street, west of I-15, is closed
Started: 1:50 p.m. Wednesday
Injuries: 1 firefighter burned, treated and released at a local hospital
Cause: Water pump malfunction
Pole Creek Fire
Where: Neola, Duchesne County
Size: 1,868 acres
Containment: 0 percent
Structures: None threatened
Evacuations: None in effect
Started: 3:35 p.m. Wednesday
Cause: Human caused, fireworks found in the area
Where: Huntington Canyon and Gentry Mountain, Sanpete County
Size: 20,300 acres
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Federal website fixes allowing more Utahns to...
- Six arrested in 'major' northern Utah drug...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 99
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18