Focus on the Family, AP Photo
Our take: New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow has never made it a secret that he is a man of faith. His mother, Pam, is just as outspoken, sharing a pro-life message with people across the U.S. and working to raise money to educate women about abortion alternatives. She also shares an experience she had in the Philippines when doctors advised her to abort her baby. The baby, who later was born a perfectly health boy, was Tim.
Pam Tebow, the mother of well-known pro- football player Tim Tebow, continues to press the pro-life message at pregnancy centers events across the country. Sharing her amazing story of rejecting an abortion and giving birth to Tim, Pam Tebow continues to help such centers raise critical funds necessary to reach women with abortion alternatives.
On Friday, Pam Tebow attended the event entitled, An Evening with Pam Tebow, sponsored by The Pregnancy Care Center of Martinsville and Henry County. The local newspaper has more on some of her talk.
During Fridays presentation, Tebow discussed the importance of religion in the family and her experience of deciding not to abort her son Timmy after doctors advised her to when she became ill while she was pregnant in the Philippines.
Timmy went on to have a pro football career, playing now for the New York Jets. He has become famous for his devotion as well as his skills on the field.
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 90
- LDS Church releases video about... 43
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 24
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 10
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all... 8
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 7