One expects smear campaigns and negative ads for national elections, but not at the local level or even the state level.
I'm sorry to see it in my local state Senate race. Negative campaigns are one reason so many people are disgusted with politics and unwilling to run for office themselves.
I urge everyone to discourage negative campaigning by voting for good qualified people who do not engage in nasty attacks on their opponents.
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- My view: Yesterday’s public education...
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- My view: Utah has an export-import problem
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 39
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27