One expects smear campaigns and negative ads for national elections, but not at the local level or even the state level.
I'm sorry to see it in my local state Senate race. Negative campaigns are one reason so many people are disgusted with politics and unwilling to run for office themselves.
I urge everyone to discourage negative campaigning by voting for good qualified people who do not engage in nasty attacks on their opponents.
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- David McAllister-Wilson: The joy of Christian...
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term unemployment...
- In our opinion: Tax code is 3.7 million words...
- The year so far told through political cartoons
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in...
- In our opinion: Obamacare's 'success'... 88
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 50
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 50
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 49
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- Letter: Money is not speech 36
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Chris Brinton: Injunction against... 21