One expects smear campaigns and negative ads for national elections, but not at the local level or even the state level.
I'm sorry to see it in my local state Senate race. Negative campaigns are one reason so many people are disgusted with politics and unwilling to run for office themselves.
I urge everyone to discourage negative campaigning by voting for good qualified people who do not engage in nasty attacks on their opponents.
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- In Our Opinion: IRS data breach is...
- Letter: Keep money in Draper
- My view: Yes, Iran jails people for their...
- Letter: Veneer of patriotism
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee as...
- My view: Utah needs Congress to act on...
- Jay Evensen: In a smart-car future, what...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 64
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 52
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 30
- Letter: Regulating marijuana 29
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 22
- Letter: Sharing the road 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- In our opinion: Congressional Demos... 18