One expects smear campaigns and negative ads for national elections, but not at the local level or even the state level.
I'm sorry to see it in my local state Senate race. Negative campaigns are one reason so many people are disgusted with politics and unwilling to run for office themselves.
I urge everyone to discourage negative campaigning by voting for good qualified people who do not engage in nasty attacks on their opponents.
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20