Bees 5, Aces 3
In short: Reno grabbed a pair of runs through the first two innings, before Ed Lucas split the difference after Doug Deeds singled down the left field line. The Aces stole a run in the fifth inning, and Kole Calhoun ended a scoreless four-inning stretch with a two-run homer to equalize in the bottom of the eighth. Cory Aldridge iced the cake with another two-run homer in the same inning to give the Bees the lead.
Bees manager Keith Johnson's take: "For us to limit their opportunities defensively, to pull together a big inning and put the game away was huge for us."
Up next: vs. Reno, today, 7:05 p.m. Aces RHP Joe Martinez (7-3, 4.62 ERA) vs. Bees RHP Eddie McKiernan (3-2, 7.77 ERA).
Next homestand: Today-Tuesday vs. Reno Aces (Diamondbacks); July 4th-8th vs.. Tacoma (Mariners).
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 105
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19