Dr. Seuss characters will be coming to Syracuse on Wednesday, June 27, as part of the city's Heritage Days, which will run June 25-30.
The "Seussville" parade, where residents are encouraged to dress as their favorite Dr. Seuss character, is part of the children's night where there will also be rides, face-painting and games.
In preparation for the pie social on Thursday, June 28, the city will be painting — or rather chalking — Founders Park. The sidewalks and concrete surrounding the park will covered by chalk masterpieces, created by artists of all skill levels.
The celebration will also have a family magic show, family movie night, basketball tournament, carnival and concert and fireworks in the park.
The music will be performed by a local Beatles tribute band, Get Back.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- About Utah: Pedal power at the market
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11