File, Associated Press
WIMBLEDON, England — Men to watch at Wimbledon, which begins Monday:
2012 Match Record: 36-6
2012 Singles Titles: 2
Career Singles Titles: 30
Major Titles: 5 — Wimbledon ('11), U.S. Open ('11), Australian Open ('08, '11, '12)
Last 5 Wimbledons: '11-Won Championship, '10-Lost in Semifinals, '09-QF, '08-2nd, '07-SF
Topspin: Defending champion at Wimbledon for the first time, and also making debut as No. 1-seeded player at the All England Club. ... Aims to start a new Grand Slam winning streak after his 27-match run ended with a loss to Rafael Nadal in the French Open final. ... Had won three consecutive major titles; fell one match short of becoming the first man since Rod Laver in 1969 to win four in a row.
2012 Match Record: 41-5
2012 Singles Titles: 4
Career Singles Titles: 50
Major Titles: 11 — Wimbledon ('08, '10), U.S. Open ('10), Australian Open ('09), French Open ('05, '06, '07, '08, '10, '11, '12)
Last 5 Wimbledons: '11-Lost in Final, '10-W, '09-Did Not Play, '08-W, '07-F
Topspin: Ended a three-match losing streak in Grand Slam finals, all against Djokovic, by beating the Serb to win a record seventh French Open title this month. ... Has reached the final each of the past five times he entered Wimbledon, taking the titles in 2008 and 2010. ... After losing his Wimbledon title and No. 1 ranking to Djokovic a year ago, Nadal acknowledged he had a mental block against his new rival. But Nadal has won their past three head-to-head matches.
2012 Match Record: 39-6
2012 Singles Titles: 4
Career Singles Titles: 74
Major Titles: 16 — Wimbledon ('03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '09), U.S. Open ('04, '05, '06, '07, '08), Australian Open ('04, '06, '07, '10), French Open ('09)
Last 5 Wimbledons: '11-QF, '10-QF, '09-W, '08-F, '07-W
Topspin: Owns record 16 Grand Slam singles titles but has gone about 2½ years without one, by far his longest drought since he won his first at Wimbledon in 2003. ... Has won six Wimbledon championships; trying to join Pete Sampras and Willie Renshaw (who played in the 1880s) as the only men to win seven singles titles at the tournament. ... Has reached at least the quarterfinals at a record 32 consecutive Grand Slam tournaments. ... No man 30 or older has won a major title since Andre Agassi at the 2003 Australian Open.
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi edges...
- Results from Tuesday's high school softball,...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Utah high school updated tournament pairings...
- Doug Robinson: It's about time golf took a...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 18
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 15
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 12
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8