One of the most irresponsible actions an adult can take is to either ride or operate a motorcycle without wearing a helmet. The idea that it is their right or an imposition on their freedoms to be required to wear a helmet is, in itself, irresponsible.
The people who also suffer are immediate family members and taxpayers, who often have to pay the medical bills if they are in a serious accident. Helmets do save lives and reduce the seriousness of head injuries.
David Perrine Sr.
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 71
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 39
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26