One of the most irresponsible actions an adult can take is to either ride or operate a motorcycle without wearing a helmet. The idea that it is their right or an imposition on their freedoms to be required to wear a helmet is, in itself, irresponsible.
The people who also suffer are immediate family members and taxpayers, who often have to pay the medical bills if they are in a serious accident. Helmets do save lives and reduce the seriousness of head injuries.
David Perrine Sr.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15