One of the most irresponsible actions an adult can take is to either ride or operate a motorcycle without wearing a helmet. The idea that it is their right or an imposition on their freedoms to be required to wear a helmet is, in itself, irresponsible.
The people who also suffer are immediate family members and taxpayers, who often have to pay the medical bills if they are in a serious accident. Helmets do save lives and reduce the seriousness of head injuries.
David Perrine Sr.
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- Letter: My sons
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who doesn't
- Letter: Moral decline 85
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 81
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 52
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 48
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40