One of the most irresponsible actions an adult can take is to either ride or operate a motorcycle without wearing a helmet. The idea that it is their right or an imposition on their freedoms to be required to wear a helmet is, in itself, irresponsible.
The people who also suffer are immediate family members and taxpayers, who often have to pay the medical bills if they are in a serious accident. Helmets do save lives and reduce the seriousness of head injuries.
David Perrine Sr.
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 109
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 35
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30