COLORADO SPRINGS — The Sky Sox scored 13 runs over a three-inning stretch, as the Sky Sox cruised to a 15-5 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Friday night.
The Bees took a 1-0 lead in the second inning on an RBI single by Alberto Rosario, but in a repeat of Thursday's game, the Sky Sox scored three in the fourth and then added five in the fifth with all of those coming after two outs and no one on base.
They would add five more in the sixth, as Andrew Brown drove in six runs for Colorado Springs in those three innings.
In Thursday's game, Colorado Springs scored eight runs over a two-inning stretch to win 9-5.
Greg Smith (2-5) took the loss, as he went 42?3 innings and allowed eight runs on eight hits.
Ryan Langerhans led a Bees' offense that produced 13 hits with three extra base hits, two doubles and a triple, with two runs batted in.
Matt Long, Luis Jimenez and Hank Conger each added two hits, as Conger extended his hitting streak to 21 games.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU, Utah fans react to Max Hall's arrest...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 73
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 37
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31