Laura Seitz, Deseret News
We know many reasons to vote for Sen. Orrin Hatch, in addition to his long experience. He is a gentleman and a statesman. It wasn't hard to notice how many compliments he gave Dan Liljenquist during the debate, while Liljenquist didn't have enough class to say even one positive thing about Hatch's long and distinguished service?
Hatch most definitely won the debate for statesmanship. He has demonstrated his ability time and time again, moderating between parties and between factions within a party. His personal characteristics enable him to befriend and communicate with many types of people. His personal integrity stands without blemish.
I see Hatch as the best person to safeguard our freedoms and secure a promising future for our children and grandchildren. His qualities are rare and much needed in government right now. I am grateful Hatch is willing to serve another term to represent Utah well.
The Senate is well known as a "good old boys' club." We already have one junior senator who is just beginning to learn how things work. Utah certainly doesn't need another youngster right now. With two junior senators, Utah would have no clout for years. Utah needs Hatch.
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Is hard work unorthodox?
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 57
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 27
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 20