Our Take: With the supreme court set to rule on Obamacare, aspects of the presidents sweeping health legislation have come under fire from religious groups who morally object to having to offer contraceptives.
If Obamacare survives the Supreme Court, whole or only partly denuded, one of the several headaches still awaiting the administration is its vexing election-year dispute with the Catholic Church over implementation of the health plan.
As if to remind President Obama of that fact, the Catholic bishops on Thursday began their latest national protest effort, Fortnight for Freedom, with a Mass at the Baltimore Basilica (the nations oldest cathedral), to be followed by two weeks of prayer and more temporal activity, such as lobbying Congress.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 162
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 15
- Meet the Muslim actor playing Jesus in... 10
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8
- State bills to protect religious... 8