The current evacuation area includes all homes north of Grandview Boulevard, South of the Church farm, and West of Redwood Road.
Other neighborhoods asked to prepare for evacuation: Neighborhoods in Saratoga Springs from the Stillwater subdivision north to Grandview Blvd and West of Redwood Rd, including all of Jacobs Ranch, are asked to prepare for an evacuation should it become necessary.
Evacuation Rendezvous Points: Those being evacuated can go to Westlake High, 99 N. Thunder Blvd. The Red Cross has been notified and has a shelter there.
(Evacuation center for the #dumpfire is westlake high school in saratoga springs not eagle mountain.)
American Red Cross volunteers are now on scene with more than 200 evacuees at the reception center at Westlake High School 99 N. Thunder Blvd in Saratoga Springs, to provide support to evacuation center staff for the Saratoga Hills Subdivision.
SR-68 is closed from 400 N to Harbor Point in Saratoga Springs South of 400N hwy68. North of Harbor Bay Drive in Saratoga Springs is also closed.
Hwy 68 (Redwood Road) closed from Elberta to 400 N in Saratoga Springs.
Those evacuating and leaving City limits should take Pony Express to Ranches Pkwy to SR-73 at this point.
If you are evacuating and need a place for animals here are several shelters and volunteers willing to board animals.
Anne McIntyre North Utah Valley Animal Shelter is accepting evacuation dogs and cats from the fire for free. They are located at 193 N 2000 W Lindon, Utah 84042. Call them at (801) 785-3442
On the Spot Pet Care is accepting all pets from the fire evacuation. The address is 94 S 700 E American Fork.
Local residents are also volunteering to take in animals in homes and ranches. Check Eagle Mountain and Saratoga Springs' Facebook and Twitter feeds for more information.
For current information on the #dumpfire in Utah County, Eagle Mountain City should call 801-789-6600
Saratoga Springs residents should contact their city offices at 801-766-6503 for updates.
Fire officials would like to remind citizens to avoid the areas of the fire and keep the roads clear for evacuations and fire personnel.
Related blog: Gunfire started this one, could be fireworks next time
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Romney decision not to run again disappoints...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- State School Board explores budget cuts as...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 204
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 150
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- Romney decision not to run again... 38
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 25
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22