Our take: Twitter was offline for about two hours Thursday, with hacking group UGNazi claiming credit and Twitter insisting the problem was equipment-related.
"'Today's outage is due to a cascaded bug in one of our infrastructure components,' a company spokesman said in an email, denying the involvement of hackers."
"The person claiming to be Cosmo, one of the individuals associated with UGNazi, disputed Twitter's denial in a follow-up email. "Twitter moved to multiple servers today to try and migrate [sic] the attack," the sender said. "It was not a bug."
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state...
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- Deaths in storm drains raise safety issue
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 65
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 16
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 12
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11