Our take: Twitter was offline for about two hours Thursday, with hacking group UGNazi claiming credit and Twitter insisting the problem was equipment-related.
"'Today's outage is due to a cascaded bug in one of our infrastructure components,' a company spokesman said in an email, denying the involvement of hackers."
"The person claiming to be Cosmo, one of the individuals associated with UGNazi, disputed Twitter's denial in a follow-up email. "Twitter moved to multiple servers today to try and migrate [sic] the attack," the sender said. "It was not a bug."
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Ginsburg: High court won't 'duck' gay marriage
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- The rise of social entrepreneurship: How...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 52
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 36
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 28
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- House leaders abandon border bill 18
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13