Christian hardcore rock drummer leaves band and heads to South America to be a missionary
Our take: "For Today", a Christian 'metalcore' band, is losing its drummer, David Morrison, who has joined up with Extreme Nazarene, a missionary organization, to help spread the gospel around the world. While the popular band, which has fans in the Christian and secular music scenes, will replace Morrison and continue touring, Morrision himself plans to dedicate his life to living and working in South America, where he feels God has called him.
Drummer David Morrison of Christian metalcore band For Today has announced that he will be leaving the music industry in order serve as a missionary in South America.
Morrison will begin his missionary work in Ecuador in September through the Extreme Nazarene organization, which deploys thousands of people across Europe and South America to engage in various kinds of missionary work, Blabbermouth.net reported.
"[For Today] will not be missing any shows and have a replacement drummer that may end up being permanent," Morrison shared in a message to his fans, confirming his departure from the band. "David Puckett will be the drummer for the band on Warped Tour and through the fall, if all works out. I haven't seen the band with Puckett yet, but he's a great man of God and an incredible drummer and I'll be at a couple of the Warped Tour dates. Thank you guys for everything! This has been the best seven-plus years of my life! To God be the glory."
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Mormon teen, future U. gymnast earns silvers...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 77
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- Amish country bristles at... 9
- ValueSpeak: To mow, or not to mow? 9