Campus briefs: Cristal Turner reunites with Jerry Finkbeiner at Utah State
Sasha Russell *
Sylvia Bedford *
Jasmine Mullins *
Kirsten Bradford *
Kristen Nielson *
Madalyn Jones *
Janelle Beukers *
Whitney Curtis *
Dayna VanArsdol *
Cheyenne Thatcher *
Julia Boswell *
Michelle Alley *
Sarah Swalberg *
Kaylee Coates *
Jasmyn Hildebrandt *
Lesli Kinkade *
Jamie Smith *
* - denotes distinguished scholar
MCLA RECOGNIZES 4 GRIFFINS: The Men's Collegiate Lacrosse Association (MCLA) named four members of the Westminster men's lacrosse team All-Americans, the national office announced. Gian Sexsmith, Jake Arthur, Matt Lambourne and Marshall Serzen were each recognized by the MCLA for their performance during the season.
Arthur was named a First Team All-American at midfield. The 6-foot junior from South Jordan, Utah finished the season with 53 goals and 12 assists. He was second on the team with goals and third in points with 65. He was fourth in the Rocky Mountain Lacrosse Conference (RMLC) in goals and sixth in points. Arthur is a first-time All-American and was also named to the MCLA All-Tournament Team after scoring eight goals at the national tournament.
Sexsmith was named to the first team at attack. The 5-10 senior from Stuart, Fla., was named an All-American for the consecutive season after receiving Honorable Mention recognition last season. He finished the year with a team-leading 59 goals and 92 points. Sexsmith was third in the RMLC in goals and second in points. He set new school records this season in goals and points.
Lambourne was named Honorable Mention All-American at defense. A 6-1 defender from Salt Lake City, Lambourne was named a Second Team All-American in 2010. He anchored a defense this season that allowed just 7.35 goals per game and only 20.3 shots per contest.
Serzen was also named Honorable Mention All-American as a faceoff specialist. A 6-foot senior from Sandy, Utah, Serzen won 72.9 percent of his 435 faceoffs during the season to set a new Griffin record. He also led the team by picking up 122 ground balls while adding five assists. Serzen was a First Team All-American in 2011 and was also an Honorable Mention in 2010.
With two members on the first team, Westminster has now had 11 players make that team in the six-year history of the program. They have had 26 players overall receive All-American recognition. The Griffins went 16-4 during the 2012 season and advanced to the quarterfinals of the MCLA National Championships for the sixth consecutive season.
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- BYU football: Cougar defense confident it can...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU deals with tough overtime losses at Maui...
- Linebacker Jared Norris is quietly leading...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- What does it take to host America's largest...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss... 28
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 28
- Utah lands three-star RB commit and... 25