Campus briefs: Cristal Turner reunites with Jerry Finkbeiner at Utah State
She was also recently selected to represent the United States in the 10,000 meters at the 2012 North American, Central American and Caribbean (NACAC) U-23 Championships, scheduled for July 6-8 in Guanajuato, Mexico.
Callister carries a 4.0 GPA in Nursing at Weber State and was named the Weber State Female Athlete of the Year for the second-straight year.
SUU'S LEVINS NAMED LEAGUE OUTDOOR TRACK ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Southern Utah University's Cameron Levins has been named the Summit League Outdoor Track Athlete of the Year after claiming two NCAA titles and three conference titles in his final collegiate campaign.
Levins recently captured Southern Utah's first NCAA titles after finishing first in the 10K (28:07.14) and 5K (13:40.05). His first-place time in the 10K was also a stadium record and both races capped an undefeated streak in both distances during the year.
Levins ran to first-place finishes in the 1,500; 5,000 and 10,000-meters at the Summit League championships and also appeared on the medal stand in the 800-meters with a third-place finish.
The conference award is one of many that the senior has added to his trophy case this year, having already earned USTFCCCA Men's Mountain Region Track Athlete of the Year, Summit League Track MVP and being named a semifinalist for The Bowerman Award.
SUU LANDS 101 ON WINTER/SPRING ACADEMIC ALL-LEAGUE TEAMS: More than 100 student-athletes from Southern Utah University have been named to the Summit League Winter/Spring Academic All-League teams. More than half of the list includes student-athletes that have been named Distinguished Scholars after carrying a GPA of 3.60 or higher.
The women's track & field team led all squads with 24 honorees, followed by men's track & field (21), softball (15), baseball (12), men's basketball (11), women's basketball (6), women's golf (5), men's golf (4) and women's tennis (3).
In order to be selected to the Academic All-Summit League Team, a student-athlete must have a 3.0 or better grade-point average (GPA) in the semester in which they compete and must use a year of eligibility. In order to be named a Distinguished Scholar, a student-athlete must have at least a 3.60 GPA.
Andy Harvey *
Jesse Hartle *
KC Sandstrom *
Joseph Karlik *
David Headley *
Men's Basketball (11)
Matthew Massey *
Matthew Gardner *
Brian Cameron *
Chris Nsenki *
Ramell Taylor *
Ray Jones Jr.
Women's Basketball (6)
Danielle Norman *
Tayler Anderson *
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 110
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33