Utah Jazz: Pre-draft workouts set for Friday, June 22nd
Michael Dwyer, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will host Round 2 of their pre-draft workouts on Friday, with six players attending this tryout session at the team's practice facility.
The invited participants include Mississippi State guard Dee Bost (6-2, 176), Alabama forward JaMychal Green (6-8, 228), Syracuse guard Scoop Jardine (6-2, 190), Marquette guard Darius Johnson-Odom (6-2, 215), Iona guard Scott Machado (6-1, 180) and Northwestern forward John Shurna (6-9, 215).
Utah only has one draft pick this year — 47th overall in the second round. The Jazz traded away their first-round selection (No. 18) to Minnesota as part of the 2010 deal for center Al Jefferson.
The workout is closed to the public and media.
Last Saturday, the Jazz worked out six players, including BYU forward Noah Hartsock.
The 2012 NBA Draft will be held on Thursday, June 28, in New Jersey.
JAZZ TO HOST DRAFT PARTY: The Jazz will host their annual draft party at EnergySolutions Arena on June 28. Admission is free and doors will open to the public at 5 p.m. The draft begins at 5:30 p.m.
Fans who attend the party will be able to watch the draft on the arena's superscreen.
The first 1,000 fans through the doors will receive a certificate redeemable for a free hot dog and a Salt Lake Bees ticket voucher.
Fans will have a chance at Jazz tickets and game-worn Jazz merchandise through prize giveaways.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 44
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42