Paralyzed teen surfer walks across stage to get high school diploma
Our take: Patrick Ivison has been paralyzed from the neck down since he was 14 months old, but that didn't stop him from walking across the stage of his high school to receive his diploma, and it did not stop him from landing a spot on his school's surf team. Patrick's story is now being featured on the ConGRADulations! Class of 2012 Music and Media Grad Gift along with inspirational students from other states, but he has made sure to give God the credit for all he has overcome.
Patrick Ivison has been a quadrapalic since he was 14 months old. But he has the chance to walk again.
Scripps Ranch High School graduate Patrick Ivisons dream came Tuesday night in the electric atmosphere at The Viejas Arena, San Diego State University, as this young man who was paralyzed from the neck down at age 14 months was able walk across the stage, receive his diploma, and celebrate with his fellow classmates.
Ivisons story of overcoming his injuries has amazed and inspired not only his classmates, but a watching nation. As a quadriplegic he has become a member of his high school surf team, a leader at his school and has been accepted to the University Of Southern California Film School.
"Patrick has a truly courageous faith! He has taken a tragedy in his life and used it to encourage, challenge and motivate others to grow personally and spiritually," says Jim Marian, Ivisons youth pastor at Rancho Bernardo Community Presbyterian Church in San Diego. His smile is contagious, his attitude is infectious, and his determination is an example to us all.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS grandmother completes Personal Progress...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 53
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 31
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 13
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9