COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The Bees scored three runs in each of the first three innings, as Salt Lake snapped their seven game losing streak with a 13-5 rout of the Colorado Springs Sky Sox on Wednesday night.
The Bees took the lead in the first on an RBI single by Luis Jimenez and a two run double by Efren Navarro. After the Sky Sox' Andrew Brown hit a two run homer in the bottom of the first, Salt Lake came back with three more in the second and three in the third, which was highlighted by a two run triple by Kole Calhoun.
Eddie McKiernan (3-2) picked up the win, as allowed five runs on nine hits with five strikeouts and four walks. Calhoun led the Bees' 17-hit attack with four hits and three runs batted in.
Hank Conger picked up a single in the seventh inning to extend his hitting streak to 19 games. Ryan Langerhans went 2-for-4 in the second game of his major league rehab assignment with Salt Lake.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28