COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The Bees scored three runs in each of the first three innings, as Salt Lake snapped their seven game losing streak with a 13-5 rout of the Colorado Springs Sky Sox on Wednesday night.
The Bees took the lead in the first on an RBI single by Luis Jimenez and a two run double by Efren Navarro. After the Sky Sox' Andrew Brown hit a two run homer in the bottom of the first, Salt Lake came back with three more in the second and three in the third, which was highlighted by a two run triple by Kole Calhoun.
Eddie McKiernan (3-2) picked up the win, as allowed five runs on nine hits with five strikeouts and four walks. Calhoun led the Bees' 17-hit attack with four hits and three runs batted in.
Hank Conger picked up a single in the seventh inning to extend his hitting streak to 19 games. Ryan Langerhans went 2-for-4 in the second game of his major league rehab assignment with Salt Lake.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 97
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 64
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43