COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The Bees scored three runs in each of the first three innings, as Salt Lake snapped their seven game losing streak with a 13-5 rout of the Colorado Springs Sky Sox on Wednesday night.
The Bees took the lead in the first on an RBI single by Luis Jimenez and a two run double by Efren Navarro. After the Sky Sox' Andrew Brown hit a two run homer in the bottom of the first, Salt Lake came back with three more in the second and three in the third, which was highlighted by a two run triple by Kole Calhoun.
Eddie McKiernan (3-2) picked up the win, as allowed five runs on nine hits with five strikeouts and four walks. Calhoun led the Bees' 17-hit attack with four hits and three runs batted in.
Hank Conger picked up a single in the seventh inning to extend his hitting streak to 19 games. Ryan Langerhans went 2-for-4 in the second game of his major league rehab assignment with Salt Lake.
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 13
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play... 4