Our take: Utah broadcast legend Steve Brown reflects on one of his favorite golf experiences after reading the autobiography of golf legend and Utah resident Billy Casper. Brown recognizes greatness can be achieved in different ways.
The recent release of Billy Casper's book "The Big Three and Me", a great read, took me back to the summer of 1983, when I had my own brief brush with golf greatness. The opening of Park Meadows golf course was a much-anticipated event. Jack Nicklaus had put his signature touch on the first links-style course in Utah's mountains, and I was to caddy for Johnny Miller as he and Jack played their exhibition to open the track.
Read more about Steve Brown's experience with Jack Nicklaus and Johnny Miller on KSL.com.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20