Our take: The parents of the Chicago high school basketball sensation Jabari Parker want to keep him a kid as long as they can. Even though the NCAA loosened their rules on coaches texting and calling potential recruits, Mr. and Mrs. Parker have not. ESPNChicago reports that if coaches want to talk to Jabari they have to talk to his parents first.
Parker remains off limits. His parents, Sonny and Lola Parker, do not permit college coaches to contact Parker directly. They must call or text them.
Coaches have been reaching out to Parkers parents in the last week. Sonny said they've heard from Duke, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan State, among others.
"I talked to (Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski) the other day," Sonny said. "He wished me a Happy Fathers Day. My voicemail is filled. Its been filled for a year."
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- BYU closes season with painful loss in Miami...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in BYU history
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 103
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 42