Our take: The parents of the Chicago high school basketball sensation Jabari Parker want to keep him a kid as long as they can. Even though the NCAA loosened their rules on coaches texting and calling potential recruits, Mr. and Mrs. Parker have not. ESPNChicago reports that if coaches want to talk to Jabari they have to talk to his parents first.
Parker remains off limits. His parents, Sonny and Lola Parker, do not permit college coaches to contact Parker directly. They must call or text them.
Coaches have been reaching out to Parkers parents in the last week. Sonny said they've heard from Duke, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan State, among others.
"I talked to (Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski) the other day," Sonny said. "He wished me a Happy Fathers Day. My voicemail is filled. Its been filled for a year."
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21