ESPN: Result of tonight's match between L.A. Galaxy, Real Salt Lake may be secondary
Bret Hartman, AP
Our take: It's always a big deal when Landon Donovan, David Beckham and the Los Angeles Galaxy come to Utah, especially since RSL defeated the Galaxy for the 2009 MLS Cup championship. But L.A. has started poorly this season, and Real will be heavy favorites tonight at Rio Tinto. ESPN breaks down the stakes:
There might be no more difficult road game in Major League Soccer than against Real Salt Lake, a combination of atmosphere, altitude and the fact the home team is probably the best side in the league.
It's the challenge facing the Galaxy following a huge step forward on the weekend, but building upon their first victory in two months isn't all about winning. L.A. could lose Wednesday night at Real Salt Lake and consider it another stride toward where the team wants to be, which is the playoffs.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7