Mormon women in the study had a life expectancy of more than 86 years five years longer than comparable women overall; men lived to an average of more than 84 years, which was almost a decade longer. These numbers are attributed to the LDS lifestyle.
Forget South Beach. Will the next great nutrition fad be the Provo Diet?
Mormon religious beliefs have gotten plenty of scrutiny in this election, but what about the Mormon lifestyle? Turns out there is evidence that Latter-Day Saints are more likely than the rest of us to actually live into their latter days.
At a presentation sponsored by the Ethics and Public Policy Center earlier this week, Michael Otterson, the churchs managing director for public affairs, presented a variety of statistics that might bring in a few converts to the churchs lifestyle, if not its religious doctrines.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- 10 ideas of what God looks like
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 50
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 17
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7