Our take: Presidential candidate Mitt Romney's religion has been a hot topic during his run for office. One of his spokeswoman explains that people pull apart his LDS faith, but if he was Jewish, it would be a different story.
The Washington Post (WPO)s Jason Horowitz reported this month that officials on Mitt Romneys campaign dont care much for journalistic explorations of their candidates religious beliefs.
One spokeswoman, Andrea Saul, has been throwing brushback pitches at reporters who write about Romneys faith, asking if they would write similar stories about Jews.
According to Horowitz, Saul objected to sentences in an earlier Washington Post piece describing how Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, is said to have discovered the golden plates that provided the theological underpinnings of his new faith.
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Home-school culture shifting away from...
- LDS apostles return to southern South America...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 59
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 31
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 26
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 20
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20