Campaign spokeswoman: What if Mitt Romney were Jewish?
Our take: Presidential candidate Mitt Romney's religion has been a hot topic during his run for office. One of his spokeswoman explains that people pull apart his LDS faith, but if he was Jewish, it would be a different story.
The Washington Post (WPO)s Jason Horowitz reported this month that officials on Mitt Romneys campaign dont care much for journalistic explorations of their candidates religious beliefs.
One spokeswoman, Andrea Saul, has been throwing brushback pitches at reporters who write about Romneys faith, asking if they would write similar stories about Jews.
According to Horowitz, Saul objected to sentences in an earlier Washington Post piece describing how Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, is said to have discovered the golden plates that provided the theological underpinnings of his new faith.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5