Campaign spokeswoman: What if Mitt Romney were Jewish?
Our take: Presidential candidate Mitt Romney's religion has been a hot topic during his run for office. One of his spokeswoman explains that people pull apart his LDS faith, but if he was Jewish, it would be a different story.
The Washington Post (WPO)s Jason Horowitz reported this month that officials on Mitt Romneys campaign dont care much for journalistic explorations of their candidates religious beliefs.
One spokeswoman, Andrea Saul, has been throwing brushback pitches at reporters who write about Romneys faith, asking if they would write similar stories about Jews.
According to Horowitz, Saul objected to sentences in an earlier Washington Post piece describing how Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, is said to have discovered the golden plates that provided the theological underpinnings of his new faith.
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Mormon teen, future U. gymnast earns silvers...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 82
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 28
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 16
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- Amish country bristles at... 9
- ValueSpeak: To mow, or not to mow? 9