Campaign spokeswoman: What if Mitt Romney were Jewish?
Our take: Presidential candidate Mitt Romney's religion has been a hot topic during his run for office. One of his spokeswoman explains that people pull apart his LDS faith, but if he was Jewish, it would be a different story.
The Washington Post (WPO)s Jason Horowitz reported this month that officials on Mitt Romneys campaign dont care much for journalistic explorations of their candidates religious beliefs.
One spokeswoman, Andrea Saul, has been throwing brushback pitches at reporters who write about Romneys faith, asking if they would write similar stories about Jews.
According to Horowitz, Saul objected to sentences in an earlier Washington Post piece describing how Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, is said to have discovered the golden plates that provided the theological underpinnings of his new faith.
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of prophets
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 46
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 8
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 7
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4