Our take: Presidential candidate Mitt Romney's religion has been a hot topic during his run for office. One of his spokeswoman explains that people pull apart his LDS faith, but if he was Jewish, it would be a different story.
The Washington Post (WPO)s Jason Horowitz reported this month that officials on Mitt Romneys campaign dont care much for journalistic explorations of their candidates religious beliefs.
One spokeswoman, Andrea Saul, has been throwing brushback pitches at reporters who write about Romneys faith, asking if they would write similar stories about Jews.
According to Horowitz, Saul objected to sentences in an earlier Washington Post piece describing how Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, is said to have discovered the golden plates that provided the theological underpinnings of his new faith.
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- Reader voices: Memories of the Golden Toaster...
- A sister missionary shares lessons in...
- 10 accomplishments of the Relief Society
- 'Noah' receives disclaimer, may be banned in...
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere... 118
- British judge hears arguments in case... 54
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to... 22
- Calif. city torn by multiple fights... 18
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of... 13
- Eliza R. Snow is more than a poetess as... 10
- Which bible do Americans read most? 10