Campaign spokeswoman: What if Mitt Romney were Jewish?
Our take: Presidential candidate Mitt Romney's religion has been a hot topic during his run for office. One of his spokeswoman explains that people pull apart his LDS faith, but if he was Jewish, it would be a different story.
The Washington Post (WPO)s Jason Horowitz reported this month that officials on Mitt Romneys campaign dont care much for journalistic explorations of their candidates religious beliefs.
One spokeswoman, Andrea Saul, has been throwing brushback pitches at reporters who write about Romneys faith, asking if they would write similar stories about Jews.
According to Horowitz, Saul objected to sentences in an earlier Washington Post piece describing how Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, is said to have discovered the golden plates that provided the theological underpinnings of his new faith.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles regardless of...
- Russians' views on religion are changing, and...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 144
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 31
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 30
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 23
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 13
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 11