Campaign spokeswoman: What if Mitt Romney were Jewish?
Our take: Presidential candidate Mitt Romney's religion has been a hot topic during his run for office. One of his spokeswoman explains that people pull apart his LDS faith, but if he was Jewish, it would be a different story.
The Washington Post (WPO)s Jason Horowitz reported this month that officials on Mitt Romneys campaign dont care much for journalistic explorations of their candidates religious beliefs.
One spokeswoman, Andrea Saul, has been throwing brushback pitches at reporters who write about Romneys faith, asking if they would write similar stories about Jews.
According to Horowitz, Saul objected to sentences in an earlier Washington Post piece describing how Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, is said to have discovered the golden plates that provided the theological underpinnings of his new faith.
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 18
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5