Campaign spokeswoman: What if Mitt Romney were Jewish?
Our take: Presidential candidate Mitt Romney's religion has been a hot topic during his run for office. One of his spokeswoman explains that people pull apart his LDS faith, but if he was Jewish, it would be a different story.
The Washington Post (WPO)s Jason Horowitz reported this month that officials on Mitt Romneys campaign dont care much for journalistic explorations of their candidates religious beliefs.
One spokeswoman, Andrea Saul, has been throwing brushback pitches at reporters who write about Romneys faith, asking if they would write similar stories about Jews.
According to Horowitz, Saul objected to sentences in an earlier Washington Post piece describing how Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, is said to have discovered the golden plates that provided the theological underpinnings of his new faith.
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Be thankful — there's a theology of...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- The Clean Cut: A cappella group's take on...
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 99
- At the Vatican, President Eyring says... 89
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 34
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 33
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 28
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 16