JENNIFER (ROCKWELL) GROSSARTH
Grossarth, a two-time All-American during her BYU days, is making her third appearance in the Olympic Trials. Her best finish was 11th in 2008. She had her best season in 2010, placing fourth in the U.S. championships and ranking in the top 25 in the world. She sat out the 2011 season to have a baby, but has returned to competition this year.
BEEHIVE STATE'S OLYMPIC TRACK HOPEFULS
Name, event College/High school
Miles Batty, 1,500-meter run BYU/Jordan High
Chris Carter, 400-meter hurdles BYU/Roy High
Heidi Dahl, 800-meter run BYU/Mtn.View
Jennifer Grossarth, 400-meter hurdles (BYU/Tooele High)
Shalaya Kipp, 3,000-meter steeplechase Colorado/Skyline
Katie Palmer, 800-meter run BYU
Nachelle Mackie, 800-meter run BYU/Spanish Fork
Josh McAdams, 3,000-meter steeplechase BYU
Luke Puskedra, 10,000-meter run Oregon/Judge Memorial
NOTE: Three other Utah athletes are waiting to learn if they qualify to compete in the trials, depending on the final declarations and scratches of other athletes ranked ahead of them. Those athletes are: Victor Weirich (BYU) in the pole vault, Sarah Callister (Weber State/Ogden High) in the 10,000 meters, and Brett Hales (Weber State/Ogden High) in the steeplechase.
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Utah State football: Aggie defense plays...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- BYU basketball report card: Cougars give...
- Utah State football: Aggies await their bowl...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 61
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 51
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 36
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27