Sen. Harry Reid steals Bryce Harper's 'clown question, bro' remark (+ video)
Our take: Last week, Washington Nationals rookie and Las Vegas native Bryce Harper made waves with an incredibly quotable response to a Canadian reporter, calling his inquiry a "clown question, bro." On Tuesday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) referenced the quip in an afternoon press conference. The Atlantic reports:
On Tuesday afternoon, Roll Call's Steven Dennis asked Reid whether his Republican counterpart Mitch McConnell was waiting for Mitt Romney to weigh in on President Obama's immigration order before speaking out. That's when Reid delivered the line: "That's a clown question, bro."
Though he seems bone-dry, the Nevadan is actually full of surprises -- for example, he's also a Deadhead and once got into a fistfight with his father-in-law. And as Ben Jacobs points out, both Harper and Reid are Mormons from Nevada.
- Utah humanitarian aid worker returns from...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- A place with a view: Inside NYC's tallest...
- Cause sought for space-supply rocket explosion
- Gunfire, arrests erupt as Giants fans revel...
- New dynasty: Giants capture 3rd title in 5 years
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution is not...
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US criticism
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 24
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 13
- News Guide: A look at latest Ebola... 9