Sen. Harry Reid steals Bryce Harper's 'clown question, bro' remark (+ video)
Our take: Last week, Washington Nationals rookie and Las Vegas native Bryce Harper made waves with an incredibly quotable response to a Canadian reporter, calling his inquiry a "clown question, bro." On Tuesday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) referenced the quip in an afternoon press conference. The Atlantic reports:
On Tuesday afternoon, Roll Call's Steven Dennis asked Reid whether his Republican counterpart Mitch McConnell was waiting for Mitt Romney to weigh in on President Obama's immigration order before speaking out. That's when Reid delivered the line: "That's a clown question, bro."
Though he seems bone-dry, the Nevadan is actually full of surprises -- for example, he's also a Deadhead and once got into a fistfight with his father-in-law. And as Ben Jacobs points out, both Harper and Reid are Mormons from Nevada.
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby...
- Train with plane crash bodies leaves rebel town
- BYU-Idaho, Rexburg experience flooding after...
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard to...
- Survey: Public 'warm' to Jews, Catholics and...
- Dutch tell rebels: Train full of bodies must...
- To encourage saving, some states turn to prizes
- Obama will sign order barring gay,...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 40
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 23
- Tea party groups' suit against IRS... 20
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 19
- US appeals court tosses Oklahoma gay... 17
- Ukraine: 295 on Malaysia plane shot... 14
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12
- Liberals swoon for Elizabeth Warren,... 9