They should do it because they never run from a fight and believe they will win the game anyway.
They should do it because Ron McBride worked hard to turn it into a real rivalry in which the Utes won their share of games against the Cougars, and it just seems wrong to turn their backs on them now that they are in a big-time conference.
They should do it so they can decide who is the best team on the field, not with endless, tiresome arguments among fans via blogs.
They should do it because other rivalries flourish even though they belong to different conferences — Florida and Florida State, Colorado and Colorado State, Georgia and Georgia Tech. They should do it because USC, a Pac 12 school, still plays Notre Dame, an independent like BYU.
They should do it because money and TV shouldn't be allowed to disrupt a natural rivalry with such a rich tradition.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11