They should do it because they never run from a fight and believe they will win the game anyway.
They should do it because Ron McBride worked hard to turn it into a real rivalry in which the Utes won their share of games against the Cougars, and it just seems wrong to turn their backs on them now that they are in a big-time conference.
They should do it so they can decide who is the best team on the field, not with endless, tiresome arguments among fans via blogs.
They should do it because other rivalries flourish even though they belong to different conferences — Florida and Florida State, Colorado and Colorado State, Georgia and Georgia Tech. They should do it because USC, a Pac 12 school, still plays Notre Dame, an independent like BYU.
They should do it because money and TV shouldn't be allowed to disrupt a natural rivalry with such a rich tradition.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 13