Deron Williams makes Forbes list of 'The World's 100 Highest-Paid Athletes'
Our take: Former Jazz point guard, Deron Williams is listed by Forbes as the 84th highest paid athlete in the world. Last year Williams made $18.2 million. That includes the money he received from the New Jersey Nets and from his endorsements.
Since 2001, Tiger Woods has been ranked as the highest paid athlete, but this year boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. knocked him out of the top spot.
Deron Williams is the NBA's most coveted free agent this summer. The New Jersey Nets can offer him the most money under the NBA's salary cap rules, but Williams might take less to join a winning team. Williams boosted his salary by playing in Turkey during the NBA lockout.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13