Deron Williams makes Forbes list of 'The World's 100 Highest-Paid Athletes'
Our take: Former Jazz point guard, Deron Williams is listed by Forbes as the 84th highest paid athlete in the world. Last year Williams made $18.2 million. That includes the money he received from the New Jersey Nets and from his endorsements.
Since 2001, Tiger Woods has been ranked as the highest paid athlete, but this year boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. knocked him out of the top spot.
Deron Williams is the NBA's most coveted free agent this summer. The New Jersey Nets can offer him the most money under the NBA's salary cap rules, but Williams might take less to join a winning team. Williams boosted his salary by playing in Turkey during the NBA lockout.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20