Deron Williams makes Forbes list of 'The World's 100 Highest-Paid Athletes'
Our take: Former Jazz point guard, Deron Williams is listed by Forbes as the 84th highest paid athlete in the world. Last year Williams made $18.2 million. That includes the money he received from the New Jersey Nets and from his endorsements.
Since 2001, Tiger Woods has been ranked as the highest paid athlete, but this year boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. knocked him out of the top spot.
Deron Williams is the NBA's most coveted free agent this summer. The New Jersey Nets can offer him the most money under the NBA's salary cap rules, but Williams might take less to join a winning team. Williams boosted his salary by playing in Turkey during the NBA lockout.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 80
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 67
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43