Deron Williams makes Forbes list of 'The World's 100 Highest-Paid Athletes'
Our take: Former Jazz point guard, Deron Williams is listed by Forbes as the 84th highest paid athlete in the world. Last year Williams made $18.2 million. That includes the money he received from the New Jersey Nets and from his endorsements.
Since 2001, Tiger Woods has been ranked as the highest paid athlete, but this year boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. knocked him out of the top spot.
Deron Williams is the NBA's most coveted free agent this summer. The New Jersey Nets can offer him the most money under the NBA's salary cap rules, but Williams might take less to join a winning team. Williams boosted his salary by playing in Turkey during the NBA lockout.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Tanner Mangum's on-the-job training continues...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 26
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20