Deron Williams makes Forbes list of 'The World's 100 Highest-Paid Athletes'
Our take: Former Jazz point guard, Deron Williams is listed by Forbes as the 84th highest paid athlete in the world. Last year Williams made $18.2 million. That includes the money he received from the New Jersey Nets and from his endorsements.
Since 2001, Tiger Woods has been ranked as the highest paid athlete, but this year boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. knocked him out of the top spot.
Deron Williams is the NBA's most coveted free agent this summer. The New Jersey Nets can offer him the most money under the NBA's salary cap rules, but Williams might take less to join a winning team. Williams boosted his salary by playing in Turkey during the NBA lockout.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34