Former youth pastor helps address world's water sanitation problem
Our take: Humankind Water is the brainchild of T.J. Foltz, a youth-pastor-turned-entrepreneur who has a goal of helping to clean up the world's drinking water. Partnering with mega shopping store giant Wal-Mart through their American Idol style "Get it on the Shelf" contest, Foltz won the coveted first place spot and got his Humankind Water on their shelves in October 2011. According to Foltz, if everyone could purchase $10's worth of his water, sanitation issues could be almost completely eradicated.
T.J. Foltz has a recipe to help the world's poor: Take one part entrepreneurship, one part social media savvy and one part faith-based motivation. Fold in the world's largest retailer.
Then add water.
If every American spent $10 per year on his Humankind Water less than they spend on Halloween candy it would be enough to nearly eradicate the world's water sanitation problems, Foltz says.
Foltz, a former Christian youth minister, put out his first bottle of Humankind Water last October. The idea is to sell bottled water in a socially conscious way, with 100 percent of net profits going to fund clean-water projects in Haiti, Asia and Africa.
Read more about Foltz's plan to eradicate world's water sanitation issues on The Huffington Post.
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- Why many churches can't endorse political...
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go' players
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at Republican...
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this...
- 5 diverse appeals to God that were just made...
- What's new: 'By the Voice of My Servants'...
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 31
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 26
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 25
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- Revealed: What a draft of the... 10
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go'... 9