Santorum has full confidence that Romney understands family values
Our take: The abortion issue remains a hotly debated topic as the presidential election looms. Former presidential hopeful Rick Santorum spoke recently about his previous rival, Mitt Romney, saying he believes Romney understands important pro-life issues and is focused on the centrality of the family.
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and former candidate Rick Santorum both spoke before the Faith and Freedom Conference in Washington today (Saturday).
While Romney pressed pro-life and pro-family themes in his speech, Santorum assured the audience of conservative Christian voters that Romney completely understands and appreciates the pro-family message.
Im appreciative for the anchors Ive had in my life the idea that a family comes together and shares a common purpose, Romney said.
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- LDS Church releases video about... 46
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 33
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 29
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5