Santorum has full confidence that Romney understands family values
Our take: The abortion issue remains a hotly debated topic as the presidential election looms. Former presidential hopeful Rick Santorum spoke recently about his previous rival, Mitt Romney, saying he believes Romney understands important pro-life issues and is focused on the centrality of the family.
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and former candidate Rick Santorum both spoke before the Faith and Freedom Conference in Washington today (Saturday).
While Romney pressed pro-life and pro-family themes in his speech, Santorum assured the audience of conservative Christian voters that Romney completely understands and appreciates the pro-family message.
Im appreciative for the anchors Ive had in my life the idea that a family comes together and shares a common purpose, Romney said.
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady hand to...
- California governor denies parole for Manson...
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Will this key line in Melania Trump's GOP...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the 'most...
- Cookbook review: 'The Lion House Cookbook'...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals to love
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 28
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 24
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady... 16
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals... 12