Snejana Fabreov writes for the DailyMail.
Our take: The number of men who choose to stay at home with their children has doubled since 2001, and studies say this shift has more to do with choice than unemployment. It seems more couples are considering earning potential and fathers' desires to spend more time with their children as they decide who will spend their time in the home.
"Not too long ago, a father who chose to stay at home with kids while his wife went back to work after childbirth was something of an anomaly, opening the doors on countless Mr Mom jokes, but nowadays, a growing numbers of dads wear the moniker as a badge of honor."
"While the recession that has left millions of American men unemployed has undoubtedly had something to do with the trend, according to the results of a new study by Boston College, the rise may be more due to choices and evolving gender roles of parents."
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- Mom calls out Toys R Us for selling fake...
- Playing favorites can increase the chance a...
- The Clean Cut: High school team helps...
- It's 2014: Are all our schools proficient yet?
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 7
- Studio C teams up with popular indie... 6
- Bound together: marriage rates and the... 5
- It's 2014: Are all our schools... 5
- Can too many dating options be a... 5
- Watch: Wheatley conference on family 5
- Denver parents told to watch out for... 4