Nam Y. Huh, Associated Press
Our take: Wife of Mitt Romney, Ann Romney casts herself as someone who has defied others expectations, not endeavored to fulfill them. This is especially true with her strong will and support for her husband's presidential candidacy.
WASHINGTON Years before Mitt Romney ever ran in his first political race, his wife, Ann, beat him to public office.
In 1977, Mrs. Romney, at 27, campaigned for town meeting representative in Belmont, Mass., where the young couple lived. She studied up on local issues and went around town talking to residents. She even printed placards complete with a photograph of herself above a list of platform positions that she handed out door to door and on street corners.
- Photos of unicyclist riding in Utah snowstorm...
- Target: 40 million card accounts may be breached
- Obamacare chaos now spreads to individual...
- Dear Santa: Funny and touching Christmas...
- Trust in clergy hits all-time low in Gallup poll
- Pennsylvania pastor defrocked after...
- Spending habits of families receiving public...
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for America
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay... 143
- New Mexico legalizes same-sex marriage 48
- Pennsylvania pastor defrocked after... 43
- Spending habits of families receiving... 34
- Netflix documentary 'Mitt' now has a... 26
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year... 22
- Associated Press survey: United States... 21
- New York senator wants paid family and... 19