The most important issue in the upcoming elections is, by far, the economy. To fix the problem, we have a choice between President Baracl Obama and Mitt Romney. Each gives us a very different solution. Let's use an analogy.
I propose comparing the U.S. economy to a cow. The goods and services produced by the economy is the milk (milk money). Obama knows how to milk the cow but doesn't know how to get our cow producing milk. He tried to stimulate the cow's milk production by taking milk from the cow and then feeding this milk back to the cow. It didn't work. Next, he is going to just take more rich cream from our cow, thinking she won't notice. This won't work either.
The American cow needs good feed, good water and freedom to produce abundant, high-quality milk. Freedom is very important to the American cow. Obama doesn't understand the importance of freedom to our cow, so he is constantly doing things that constrain freedom. Our cow is not happy. An unhappy cow does not produce as much milk as a happy one.
Romney understands how to get our cow healthy and productive once again. He knows the importance of freedom to our cow, and he knows when to ease up on taking milk from our cow when she is feeling poorly. He is the best choice to take care of our cow and fix the economy.
Blaine R. McCann
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 65
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Letter: Acting on immigration 39
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26