The most important issue in the upcoming elections is, by far, the economy. To fix the problem, we have a choice between President Baracl Obama and Mitt Romney. Each gives us a very different solution. Let's use an analogy.
I propose comparing the U.S. economy to a cow. The goods and services produced by the economy is the milk (milk money). Obama knows how to milk the cow but doesn't know how to get our cow producing milk. He tried to stimulate the cow's milk production by taking milk from the cow and then feeding this milk back to the cow. It didn't work. Next, he is going to just take more rich cream from our cow, thinking she won't notice. This won't work either.
The American cow needs good feed, good water and freedom to produce abundant, high-quality milk. Freedom is very important to the American cow. Obama doesn't understand the importance of freedom to our cow, so he is constantly doing things that constrain freedom. Our cow is not happy. An unhappy cow does not produce as much milk as a happy one.
Romney understands how to get our cow healthy and productive once again. He knows the importance of freedom to our cow, and he knows when to ease up on taking milk from our cow when she is feeling poorly. He is the best choice to take care of our cow and fix the economy.
Blaine R. McCann
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Drew Clark: The right to be forgiven, not...
- Letter: Divorce hearings
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 63
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 47
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 37
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24