Utah Jazz: BYU's Noah Hartsock among six Jazz draft hopefuls
SALT LAKE CITY — Noah Hartsock is following in the footsteps of Jimmer Fredette.
Well, sort of.
A year after The Jimmer had a predraft workout with the Utah Jazz, his former BYU teammate will get a chance to show the local NBA team his wares as well.
Hartsock will be among six draft hopefuls to work out for the Jazz Saturday morning at the team's practice facility. The workout is closed to the public and media members.
Hartsock, a 6-8 forward who had a successful collegiate career with the Cougars, will join guard Kim English (Missouri), guard Jorge Gutierrez (California), forward Robbie Hummel (Purdue), guard Toure' Murry (Wichita State) and guard Maalik Wayns (Villanova) in a workout in front of Jazz brass.
Utah usually has multiple workouts for draft hopefuls, but the Jazz only have the No. 47 pick in the second round this year. Utah's first-round pick is headed to Minnesota to complete the 2010 deal for Al Jefferson.
The 2012 draft is on June 28.
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball tournament
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders weigh in...
- Morning links: SI features Frank Jackson;...
- Utah Jazz: Ranking the best No. 12 picks in...
- Doug Robinson: BYU football may be better...
- Point guard was weak spot in '14-'15, but...
- The Clean Cut: NBA star's 2-year-old daughter...
- BYU baseball team confident entering West...
- Doug Robinson: BYU football may be... 112
- Mike Sorensen: Utah, BYU not getting a... 86
- Guest commentary: Want national... 65
- Utah Utes coaches tailor weekly... 54
- BYU's Taysom Hill, Utah's Devontae... 41
- Morning links: BYU has a shot to snap... 37
- Ranking the best quarterbacks in... 18
- Dick Harmon: Who's going to follow... 16