Utah Jazz: BYU's Noah Hartsock among six Jazz draft hopefuls
SALT LAKE CITY — Noah Hartsock is following in the footsteps of Jimmer Fredette.
Well, sort of.
A year after The Jimmer had a predraft workout with the Utah Jazz, his former BYU teammate will get a chance to show the local NBA team his wares as well.
Hartsock will be among six draft hopefuls to work out for the Jazz Saturday morning at the team's practice facility. The workout is closed to the public and media members.
Hartsock, a 6-8 forward who had a successful collegiate career with the Cougars, will join guard Kim English (Missouri), guard Jorge Gutierrez (California), forward Robbie Hummel (Purdue), guard Toure' Murry (Wichita State) and guard Maalik Wayns (Villanova) in a workout in front of Jazz brass.
Utah usually has multiple workouts for draft hopefuls, but the Jazz only have the No. 47 pick in the second round this year. Utah's first-round pick is headed to Minnesota to complete the 2010 deal for Al Jefferson.
The 2012 draft is on June 28.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in spite...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 102
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 16