Utah Jazz: BYU's Noah Hartsock among six Jazz draft hopefuls
SALT LAKE CITY — Noah Hartsock is following in the footsteps of Jimmer Fredette.
Well, sort of.
A year after The Jimmer had a predraft workout with the Utah Jazz, his former BYU teammate will get a chance to show the local NBA team his wares as well.
Hartsock will be among six draft hopefuls to work out for the Jazz Saturday morning at the team's practice facility. The workout is closed to the public and media members.
Hartsock, a 6-8 forward who had a successful collegiate career with the Cougars, will join guard Kim English (Missouri), guard Jorge Gutierrez (California), forward Robbie Hummel (Purdue), guard Toure' Murry (Wichita State) and guard Maalik Wayns (Villanova) in a workout in front of Jazz brass.
Utah usually has multiple workouts for draft hopefuls, but the Jazz only have the No. 47 pick in the second round this year. Utah's first-round pick is headed to Minnesota to complete the 2010 deal for Al Jefferson.
The 2012 draft is on June 28.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25