Utah Jazz: BYU's Noah Hartsock among six Jazz draft hopefuls
SALT LAKE CITY — Noah Hartsock is following in the footsteps of Jimmer Fredette.
Well, sort of.
A year after The Jimmer had a predraft workout with the Utah Jazz, his former BYU teammate will get a chance to show the local NBA team his wares as well.
Hartsock will be among six draft hopefuls to work out for the Jazz Saturday morning at the team's practice facility. The workout is closed to the public and media members.
Hartsock, a 6-8 forward who had a successful collegiate career with the Cougars, will join guard Kim English (Missouri), guard Jorge Gutierrez (California), forward Robbie Hummel (Purdue), guard Toure' Murry (Wichita State) and guard Maalik Wayns (Villanova) in a workout in front of Jazz brass.
Utah usually has multiple workouts for draft hopefuls, but the Jazz only have the No. 47 pick in the second round this year. Utah's first-round pick is headed to Minnesota to complete the 2010 deal for Al Jefferson.
The 2012 draft is on June 28.
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave Rose's...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 52
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 47
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 43
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39