It was in Canada that my testimony grew the most. My wife joined me in Canada and was baptized during our stay there. After completing my master's program, I got admission to do my Ph.D. studies in biochemistry at Utah State University in Logan, Utah. I was now in the home of the Mormons.
Logan had some of the nicest people I had ever met on this planet. Even though there were not more than a hundred black Africans in the city, both member and non-member Africans felt very much at home among the Mormons of Logan. It is the city we have enjoyed the most in all our traveling experience. To this day we still maintain our contacts with the good people of Logan. We were sealed in the Logan Temple in 1985.
I have enjoyed my 30-plus years of membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and have never regretted a second of it. I have served in various callings, including as a bishop. My life has been influenced both temporally and spiritually for good by the teachings of the church. I bless the day I met the missionaries. I have no doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ as taught by the church is the fullness of the gospel. I cannot say I am perfect, but I know the church has taught me the correct principles I need to govern my life, and it is for me to be true and faithful to the laws and ordinances that I have been taught.
I have read the Book of Mormon several times and know it is truly another testament of the Savior, and a holy scripture like the Bible. I pray that the message of these two volumes of scripture will reach all nations, peoples, kindreds and tongues. I have no doubt that the Prophet Joseph Smith was a prophet called to restore the fullness of the gospel in these latter days.
I know that Jesus Christ atoned for my sins so I can be reconciled with him and the Father through repentance and obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel. That I might live worthy of these blessings and endure to the end is my sincere prayer.
Jonathan Adjimani, Ph.D., is a senior lecturer in the department of biochemistry at the University of Ghana, and a member of the Ofankor Branch of the Accra Ghana Adenta Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Be thankful — there's a theology of...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 105
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 37
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 35
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 34
- New friends plan to work together to... 22
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- 5 reasons why we want to believe Jesus... 14
- Is saying the Pledge of Allegiance... 14