Writing for Time Magazine, Dan Edmonds advocates summer SAT exam dates for college students:
A summer test date would be an unequivocal gain to over-stressed high school students everywhere. Currently there are no test dates between the first weekend in June and the first weekend in October, so most students take the SAT sometime in the spring of their junior year. Students aiming for more competitive schools also have to take SAT Subject Tests, which are given on the same few weekends each spring. If the students arent satisfied with their scores by June, theyre faced with a four month hiatus before they can take the test again. Worse yet, the next test date October doesnt even get their scores back before they have to send off applications for Early Decision or Early Action schools. A summer test date would let them let them take advantage of a time when theyre less distracted by school and would help them make more informed decisions about Early Decision and Early Action applications.
- Chronic absence a 'huge contributor' to...
- University of Utah homecoming week kicks off
- Memorial dedicated to community activist...
- Entrada Adult High School hosting open house
- North Carolina court stops part of order...
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Top 15 states for education
- Students receive anti-bullying message
- Lawmakers, business leaders back bill... 8
- Chronic absence a 'huge contributor' to... 6
- House approves early childhood... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- Utah senator aims to bring computer... 3
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with... 2
- Top 15 states for education 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2