Karl Malone says he'd rather start a team with Scottie Pippen than Michael Jordan
Elise Amendola, AP
Our take: The Jazz's battles with the Chicago Bulls are legendary, but Jazz stars Karl Malone and John Stockton were Dream Team-mates with Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. In a Wednesday appearance on the Dan Patrick Show, Malone explained why he'd rather start a team from scratch with Pippen on his side instead of MJ:
"I would have to start my team with Scottie Pippen," he said. "This is why I would take Scottie: Do you remember the time that Michael retired? I watched Scottie Pippen when the Chicago Bulls weren't really good and Scottie led that team in every statistical category, and I just remembered that. Plus, he's a guy who could care less about scoring. He wants to stop the best player on the other team. That would have been pretty cool, to see Scottie guarding Michael."
Read more about former Utah Jazz star Karl Malone choosing Scottie Pippen on Yahoo's Ball Don't Lie blog.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20