Karl Malone says he'd rather start a team with Scottie Pippen than Michael Jordan
Elise Amendola, AP
Our take: The Jazz's battles with the Chicago Bulls are legendary, but Jazz stars Karl Malone and John Stockton were Dream Team-mates with Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. In a Wednesday appearance on the Dan Patrick Show, Malone explained why he'd rather start a team from scratch with Pippen on his side instead of MJ:
"I would have to start my team with Scottie Pippen," he said. "This is why I would take Scottie: Do you remember the time that Michael retired? I watched Scottie Pippen when the Chicago Bulls weren't really good and Scottie led that team in every statistical category, and I just remembered that. Plus, he's a guy who could care less about scoring. He wants to stop the best player on the other team. That would have been pretty cool, to see Scottie guarding Michael."
Read more about former Utah Jazz star Karl Malone choosing Scottie Pippen on Yahoo's Ball Don't Lie blog.
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22