Karl Malone says he'd rather start a team with Scottie Pippen than Michael Jordan
Elise Amendola, AP
Our take: The Jazz's battles with the Chicago Bulls are legendary, but Jazz stars Karl Malone and John Stockton were Dream Team-mates with Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. In a Wednesday appearance on the Dan Patrick Show, Malone explained why he'd rather start a team from scratch with Pippen on his side instead of MJ:
"I would have to start my team with Scottie Pippen," he said. "This is why I would take Scottie: Do you remember the time that Michael retired? I watched Scottie Pippen when the Chicago Bulls weren't really good and Scottie led that team in every statistical category, and I just remembered that. Plus, he's a guy who could care less about scoring. He wants to stop the best player on the other team. That would have been pretty cool, to see Scottie guarding Michael."
Read more about former Utah Jazz star Karl Malone choosing Scottie Pippen on Yahoo's Ball Don't Lie blog.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 42