Karl Malone says he'd rather start a team with Scottie Pippen than Michael Jordan
Elise Amendola, AP
Our take: The Jazz's battles with the Chicago Bulls are legendary, but Jazz stars Karl Malone and John Stockton were Dream Team-mates with Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. In a Wednesday appearance on the Dan Patrick Show, Malone explained why he'd rather start a team from scratch with Pippen on his side instead of MJ:
"I would have to start my team with Scottie Pippen," he said. "This is why I would take Scottie: Do you remember the time that Michael retired? I watched Scottie Pippen when the Chicago Bulls weren't really good and Scottie led that team in every statistical category, and I just remembered that. Plus, he's a guy who could care less about scoring. He wants to stop the best player on the other team. That would have been pretty cool, to see Scottie guarding Michael."
Read more about former Utah Jazz star Karl Malone choosing Scottie Pippen on Yahoo's Ball Don't Lie blog.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45