Our take: The amount of money children will cost parents up to age 18 is higher than ever — $234,900 for a child born in 2011. And that is if they move out. No word on if children ever pay it back. Eve Tahmincioglu recently reported in Life Inc.:
Many parents today are worried about how they're going to send their kids to college given the high cost of higher education. But maybe they should be more concerned about the 17 years before the little darlings hit the road.
Food, clothing, and health care are just a few items that can add up into tons of expenses before adulthood. How much? $234,900 for a child born in 2011 to a middle-income family.
- The future of food? 3D printing moves beyond...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Kennecott lays off unspecified number of...
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- US companies challenging contraception mandate
- Obama threatens veto of Republican student...
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 13
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 11
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing 8
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions... 6
- The future of food? 3D printing moves... 6
- Obama threatens veto of Republican... 6