Business, Government, and Cheap Debt; now is not the time for Uncle Sam to borrow
Robert P. Murphy is author of "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism." His blog is "Free Advice."
"We shouldnt accept the premise that the government owns the entire economy; hence GDP should not be considered the governments income in a given year. If were going to pick a specific number, the proper analog would be federal receipts."
"Even if it were true that a private corporation would take on more debt, if it were currently wearing Uncle Sams shoes, that alone wouldnt be sufficient to seal the argument. This is because government debt involves present citizens living at the expense of future taxpayers, who may not even be alive yet to argue about the decision."
Read more about federal and private sector low interest rates and debt on The American Conservative.
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- In our opinion: Use market forces and not...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 63
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 53
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 43
- Letter: Breeding hate 40