Our take: Obama is not only outdoing Romney in Twitter followers, but also in the amount of influence he has on Twitter. However, Romney's followers tend to be in a higher income bracket than Obama's.
President Obama has more than 5,000 times the pull, or influence, than the average Twitter account, compared to Mitt Romney at 466 times the average. That means Obama has 12 times the influence of Romney. That seems like a clear win in the Obama column until you consider that Obama has 30 times the followers that Romney does, meaning Romney is doing a better job of influencing his smaller audience.
Can the candidates Twitter following tell us anything about their chances come Election Day? According to PeekAnalytics, a higher percentage of Romneys followers come from crucial battleground states, save Ohio.
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Hackers warn not to release 'The Interview'...
- Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin has aneurysm
- Think your marital status is important? The...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 14
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 13
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8