Our take: Obama is not only outdoing Romney in Twitter followers, but also in the amount of influence he has on Twitter. However, Romney's followers tend to be in a higher income bracket than Obama's.
President Obama has more than 5,000 times the pull, or influence, than the average Twitter account, compared to Mitt Romney at 466 times the average. That means Obama has 12 times the influence of Romney. That seems like a clear win in the Obama column until you consider that Obama has 30 times the followers that Romney does, meaning Romney is doing a better job of influencing his smaller audience.
Can the candidates Twitter following tell us anything about their chances come Election Day? According to PeekAnalytics, a higher percentage of Romneys followers come from crucial battleground states, save Ohio.
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Sherpas leave Everest; some expeditions nix...
- Gas explosion forces Wyoming town to evacuate
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Wellness programs grow more popular with...
- Misdiagnosed bipolar: One girl’s...
- Student debt holds back many would-be home...
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 26
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's... 25
- Judge: Indiana hasn't given valid... 21
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 19
- Vegas’ water drying up 15
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in... 12
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin... 12
- Some countries get Obama, but want his... 11