Our take: Obama is not only outdoing Romney in Twitter followers, but also in the amount of influence he has on Twitter. However, Romney's followers tend to be in a higher income bracket than Obama's.
President Obama has more than 5,000 times the pull, or influence, than the average Twitter account, compared to Mitt Romney at 466 times the average. That means Obama has 12 times the influence of Romney. That seems like a clear win in the Obama column until you consider that Obama has 30 times the followers that Romney does, meaning Romney is doing a better job of influencing his smaller audience.
Can the candidates Twitter following tell us anything about their chances come Election Day? According to PeekAnalytics, a higher percentage of Romneys followers come from crucial battleground states, save Ohio.
- Texas' Perry says disparaging tweet unauthorized
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in...
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants to hit US
- US trained Alaskans as secret 'stay-behind...
- Study claims cave art made by Neanderthals
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- No gray area: Beliefs shape firm, disparate...
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White House...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 16
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- US judge blocks enforcement of new... 8