Our take: Obama is not only outdoing Romney in Twitter followers, but also in the amount of influence he has on Twitter. However, Romney's followers tend to be in a higher income bracket than Obama's.
President Obama has more than 5,000 times the pull, or influence, than the average Twitter account, compared to Mitt Romney at 466 times the average. That means Obama has 12 times the influence of Romney. That seems like a clear win in the Obama column until you consider that Obama has 30 times the followers that Romney does, meaning Romney is doing a better job of influencing his smaller audience.
Can the candidates Twitter following tell us anything about their chances come Election Day? According to PeekAnalytics, a higher percentage of Romneys followers come from crucial battleground states, save Ohio.
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- 35 arrested in Oakland after protest march
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Steven Powell ordered to serve more jail time...
- Ferguson protesters across US peaceful,...
- These two things are helping California's...
- In Britain, US turkey dinner is big for business
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 17
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Obama heads to Chicago to pitch... 13
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12