Real Salt Lake: Alvaro Saborio lighting it up for Costa Rica in World Cup qualifying
While Real Salt Lake coach Jason Kreis has vowed to keep his players working their during the 17-day break from MLS action, Alvaro Saborio has been making the most of his international duties with Costa Rica.
Sabo now has four goals through two World Cup qualifying matches, including a hat trick against Guyana on Tuesday.
RSL fans have enjoyed seeing the striker return to the form that helped his squad break the MLS barrier in CONCACAF Champions League play, and more importantly catapulting RSL (9-3-2) to the top of MLS rankings with 29 points.
In 10 starts for RSL, Saborio has netted six goals with one assist and is currently in sixth place in MLS, joining the likes of Chris Wondolowski, Kenny Cooper and Thierry Henry in goals scored.
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 128
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 51
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 29
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan... 15
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 15