Real Salt Lake: Alvaro Saborio lighting it up for Costa Rica in World Cup qualifying
While Real Salt Lake coach Jason Kreis has vowed to keep his players working their during the 17-day break from MLS action, Alvaro Saborio has been making the most of his international duties with Costa Rica.
Sabo now has four goals through two World Cup qualifying matches, including a hat trick against Guyana on Tuesday.
RSL fans have enjoyed seeing the striker return to the form that helped his squad break the MLS barrier in CONCACAF Champions League play, and more importantly catapulting RSL (9-3-2) to the top of MLS rankings with 29 points.
In 10 starts for RSL, Saborio has netted six goals with one assist and is currently in sixth place in MLS, joining the likes of Chris Wondolowski, Kenny Cooper and Thierry Henry in goals scored.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7