Our take: The new MacBook with Retina Display has all the bells and whistles Apple has to offer, including Nvidia graphics, solid-state storage and this thin body packs a powerful punch.
But it also costs $2,199, making it a sizable investment, even for a MacBook (the least expensive being the 11-inch MacBook Air, starting at $999).
With expanded configuration options, including new Intel Ivy Bridge CPUs and larger-capacity SSDs, you can also take that same $2,199 and spend it on just about any other MacBook. Depending on your needs, you might even end up with something that's a better overall deal for you.
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Ginsburg: High court won't 'duck' gay marriage
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- The rise of social entrepreneurship: How...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 52
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 45
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 36
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 28
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- House leaders abandon border bill 16
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13