Our take: The new MacBook with Retina Display has all the bells and whistles Apple has to offer, including Nvidia graphics, solid-state storage and this thin body packs a powerful punch.
But it also costs $2,199, making it a sizable investment, even for a MacBook (the least expensive being the 11-inch MacBook Air, starting at $999).
With expanded configuration options, including new Intel Ivy Bridge CPUs and larger-capacity SSDs, you can also take that same $2,199 and spend it on just about any other MacBook. Depending on your needs, you might even end up with something that's a better overall deal for you.
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- A GDP showdown: How do state GDP numbers line...
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's...
- Obama to announce immigration action Thursday
- Jennifer Lawrence: Privacy loss that...
- What missing class in Kindergarten means for...
- Police: Gunman killed after shooting at FSU
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 40
- Pope announces U.S. visit, greets... 34
- Obama to announce immigration action... 28
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 20
- Gay marriage issue squarely before high... 15
- Japan slides into recession as tax hike... 14
- Republicans: Keystone pipeline down,... 13
- US cities brace for protests off... 11